Information for Parents and Students
On this page, you will find important information about homework, policies and porcedures, class schedules, subject information, and more.
Science and Social Studies Information
Ms. Emery's ABCs of Second Grade
- School starts at 8:10. Students who arrive after 8:10 will need
to sign-in in the office.
- Students will be using an agenda this year. They will write
down their daily homework, as well as, any upcoming events.
Please check and initial your child's agenda nightly.
- If you would like to bring in a treat for your child's birthday,
please let me know in advance. We will eat the treat during
lunch time, so please have treats at the school before 12:45
- Every month your child will receive a book order. I will send
home a note of when the orders are due.
- Click here to find our class schedule.
-Dismissal begins at 3:15 with pick-ups. If your child needs to
go home a different way than their normal schedule, please
write me a note or call the office before 2:00.
- Please make sure we have the most up-to-date contact
information. This includes changes in addresses, phone
numbers, and medical information.
- Students can earn fishchips throughout the year for exhibiting
the TES character traits. Students can turn in the fishchips
earned for prizes.
- The grading scale used in 2nd grade is as follows:
F= 59 and below
-Students will have a weekly homelearning (homework log. The
homelearning log will be given on Mondays, and are due by
Friday. Starting in January, students will also have a math
review sheet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Homelearning (Homework) Folder:
- Please check your child's homework folder daily.
Important information and papers, as well as, the
homelearning log are kept in the folder.
- Ice cream is .75¢ and will be served on Fridays.
- Interim progress reports will be sent home every four and
a half weeks during the nine week grading period. They
are to be signed and returned.
- Students are encouraged to bring jackets during the winter
time and on rainy days.
- Lunch will be from 12:45 to 1:15. To find out information
about school lunch, please visit
- Math will take place every day in class.
- Newsletters will be sent home weekly. They will give
you information about what we will be covering in class, as
well as, an upcoming events.
- The Parent Teacher Organization is very important to the
school. They sponsor many events throughout the year.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
You can write a note, email me, or call the school.
- Reading will take place every day.
- Students will have recess every day.
- Report cards will be sent home at the end of each nine week
grading period. They are to be signed and returned.
- We will have a snack time every day.
- We will be covering many new topics this year. We
will focus on one unit at a time.
- Students will be marked tardy after 8:10. Students will
need to sign-in in the office if they arrive after 8:10
- If you would like to volunteer in the classroom, please let me
Weekly Work Folders:
- Every Monday students will be given this folder. It contains
their graded work. There are two forms to sign.